Hello all… This weekend was one more of those lazy weekends. After coming back from work on the Saturday (now it’s like a standard working day for me), I spent some time playing video games and watching movies.
Yesterday I went to the Expo dei Sapori, an exposition that happens yearly here at Milan. It’s a good place to taste the most varied Italian products and you can find very good things as well as very odd ones. There is also a small presence of foreign products, like French, Hungarian and Czech.
Of course you have to go there prepared to spend quite nice amount of money.
I have purchased a few delicious things, like Czech beer, cheeses, candies and so on. Very good… I have also tasted other things, but I wasn’t willing to leave there much more money than I did. Surely things are not exactly cheap there.
The problem when you go to these places is that it is really easy to get pissed off. I mean, people stops in the stands where you can taste something and start to make lunch there. They block your way, so, you can’t get to the stand. While you’re trying to buy something, there is that fat lady behind you pushing you so she can grab one more piece of cheese. How disgusting.
There was also a wine stand selling some wines that I didn’t knew, so, I passed there and asked a mid-aged guy, dressing his nice blue suit, to taste a specific wine that was of my interest. He looked to me with a face like I was the most insignificant person in Earth and said to me that the wine was over. It’s cool to see how those people judge you by your appearance. The only problem is that despite my dressing, when I talk about wines I can’t be more serious. Anyone that has seen my cellar knows that.
I have seen Troy this weekend. What a pointless movie… There isn’t a real plot, there isn’t real emotion and most of the scenes there I have already seen in other movies. Another thing that really makes me sad is that after The Gladiator, all epic movies look exactly the same. Same music, same photography, same pace... And after Lord of the Rings, everyone wants to make huge breathtaking battle scenes that in the end are so boring that while they are running you go to the toilet, go take a beer, call your sister and so on… That’s a genre that is needing some innovation.
Well, it’s time to go. Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment