Hello all…
Today I have found a great article about the MPx220 cell phone: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/19/moto_mpx220_uk_debut/. I think it finishes my worries about which phone to buy when I first arrive in the UK: It will most definitely be a MPx220, which looks like the best replacement to my so loved MPx200.
Man, this cell phone is a power beast. It sports a TI OMAP1611 dual-core processor, which in other words means that this phone is like dual-processed! You have one code dedicated to the OS and basic features and another one dedicated to multimedia. Jee… Can you imagine that? According to every review I have read, this phone is damn fast.
The fact is that I have a huge problem with candybar mobile phones. I can’t stand with them. I mean, I hate to have to lock/unlock keypads, care to do not scratch the screen and most of all, have a smaller handset when talking. When a clam-shell phone is open, it is usually longer than any candybar.
I can’t wait to see if Orange is going to release it and at which price, as they offer very good deals when getting their contracts.
Well, talking about more serious things, my move to the UK was looking very nice and smooth so far… According to Murphy’s law, it was not possible to keep that way. Well, this was not the exception for Murphy’s law.
I have started the procedure to require the EU passport for my dog and then his vet asked me where I was going to take my dog. I said: Well, I’m going to the UK. He said: Ouch… Not good…
By geographical reasons, the UK was never too exposed to rabies contamination like other countries. Due to that, they have historically established some very restrictive laws for pet animals coming from overseas. They actual steps to bring your pet to the UK are:
Vaccinate the pet against rabies.
After 20 days minimum of the vaccination, take a blood sample and analyze it to see if the dog has developed the defenses correctly.
After the blood sample was taken, the dog must wait 6 calendar months before entering the UK.
After the first 6 months are passed, given that you vaccinate your animal regularly every year, he can enter and leave the country as he whishes.
The 6 months period are to manifest any symptom of any disease he has contracted before being vaccinated.
It poses a huge problem for me, as I can’t wait 6 months to go to the UK. I have requested the analysis of his blood on the last Tuesday…
The options are put the pet into quarantine for 6 months, but the places where they put them into quarantine are like luxury hotels… I would stay there myself into quarantine in such a place. Surely, you have to pay for such luxury services and the prices are around £280 + VAT per month! :-S You have to add there something like £600 for transportation, vaccinations, treatments, grooming and other things your pet will need while in quarantine. Man, it amounts for almost £2400 after the six months… Not good…
I have then the option to leave my dog here in Italy while waiting to complete the six-month period, but I don’t know who would keep him. Also, I wouldn’t be able to stay 6 months away from my dog.
However, I have added a visit to the DEFRA’s offices on my trip to London next week. I will go there naked and will beg them to let my dog in at any cost! I will start preparing the banners against pet animals oppression this weekend… :-D
I have also set a lot of appointments to see apartments next week… How cool… I have been proposed an apartment at Kensington that is a bit more expensive, but is a wonderful apartment in a wonderful place…
Today, while coming to work I was listening to Vermillion Pt. 2 from the latest Slipknot album. Man, that song is insane. I love that. The only problem is that maybe I was too violently displaying that admiration while driving, so, people started to keep distance from me… On the right track people start passing looking at me with very scared eyes… Don’t know why… :-)
Well guys, that’s all for today!
Byes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment