Today something amazing happened.
I used to have a really great friend. This guy was more than a friend, he was actually a mentor.
I first met this guy when I got one of my first jobs, working on a computer seller. I was teaching computer basics and assembling computers and he was a seller there. He was a very fun guy and always came to me with good advices. He was that sort of older brother that you can count on when you need advices.
We have moved jobs together for a while (actually twice) and then I decided it was time to try my own company and we split up careers. Despite that, we kept in touch and every once in a while we went out for several pints of beer and a good chat.
After my company breaking down and me moving to my last job in Brazil I have then received my offer to go to Italy. I have moved to Italy and we kind of reduced the contacts by normal reasons. When I went to Brazil for my wedding I promptly went to see him and he was having some family problems.
After my marriage we lost contact and the only think I knew was that he moved from Curitiba to a smaller city in the state of Parana. Some times I remembered him, but never was able to discover anything about his whereabouts.
Today, though, I received an e-mail from this guy! Yeah, another friend of mine called a computer parts supplier and this guy answered the phone. They quickly recognized each other and after a chat this friend got my contact info.
Hey Jack, if you’re reading this I’ll leave some Portuguese for you: “Sem viadagem meu, mas eu queria estar ai para te dar um abraço”.
Ah, by the way, it is my father’s birthday today. Yeah, he’s completing 59 years and it is a whooping age, even though he says that he has roughly this amount of years to come! Yeah, I hope so! :-)
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment