Sunday, March 13, 2005

Hello there… Here I am. Yes, I’m still alive, well and writing to my blog.

The last week was the last week in the first sprint of my current project. We were really busy preparing things for the next week, when we’re receiving all the managers from Europe to present the progress in the work.

I have to say that I’m very happy with this first sprint. We have completed two core parts of our project, two parts that are going to be the foundation for the whole system. They are really well designed, built, tested and ready for production.

It is awesome because in one month we had to get to know each other in the team, I and an other guy had a week of holidays and we had to prepare test and development environments.

Things look even better for the next sprint as I’m confident that everyone in my team is highly competent and I’m sure these guys can deliver a great job. It is awesome to work such environment as you know you can rely on your team.

I have had also a meeting with my boss to define my objectives for my career and try to draw a career progression path. We don’t know for sure what I’ll be doing in the next months, but one thing that is certain is that I shall be taking some SCRUM training.

I promised you I would tell you how SCRUM works in real life. Well, after the first sprint I can say that it works more than expected. It allows you to react to changes and problems very quickly, focus on important things first and get deliverable software quicker and more correct.

No comments: