I have spoken with P&O Ferries customer support today and the situation it looks that Sunday things are going to be slightly better. It appears that the French authorities are going to reopen a berth for Sunday what should start reducing queues.
The guy, however, advised me to leave two or three hours before the programmed to allow for the queues. He said that they are not running in schedules any more but I will be able to get the first boat I can reach. It will definitely be a long and daunting night waiting in the car in the cold. The whole drive is compromised as I don’t know how tired I will be after leaving Calais and have no idea when I will arrive in Italy.
I have to say, though, that I’m really impressed with P&O Ferries. Other than them calling me to warn me about the problem, every time I call them they are very supportive and willing to help.
They have offered me the option of completely canceling the bookings, hence being refunded my money and are providing me all the information I need to be the best prepared as possible for the trip. Thumbs up for P&O Ferries.
Friday, February 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment