Well, Xmas has come and here we are. We have arrived in London last Monday, so, we have already passed a full working week.
The day before yesterday we decided to take a walk from here to the Harrods in Knightsbridge. I was impressed on how beautiful this region is. The Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, all these beautiful houses and hotels. Then we arrived at THE Harrods.
If you haven’t ever been at Harrods, then you have no idea of what a department store can be. It’s plain simply huge, massive, impressive, beautiful and sells everything you can imagine, from small little candies up to over £50K pianos. It counts 5 upper floors, a ground floor and a lower ground floor, for the massive amount of 7 floors. It’s impressive also how many people can be inside that place.
The food halls are amazing. I’m definitely going back there after Christmas when it should be a little less crowded.
We have also walked almost entire Oxford Street entering department stores and searching for a bed set that fits our bed. We finally found one, but instead of a cover sheet it has a duvet cover, which is not exactly what we’re searching for. Though it will have to do for a while, we have to search for better options.
Yesterday we walked from here to the Notting Hill Gate and then back, passing by small streets in the neighbourhood. It’s a very cool neighbourhood and I found the kind of house I want to buy. It’s that classic English house with place to park your car in front of it… Very beautiful. I’ll take pictures of that soon and will post you. The region here is plenty of such houses.
In our street we have three supermarkets:
Safeway
Waitrose
Marks & Spencer
After some comparison we have decided that the Waitrose is the best option, as it has the cheapest price for the best quality food. M&S however offers a very good food at a slightly bigger price.
Ah, almost every store in the UK is going to start its sale in the boxing day, so, I’, looking forward to buy some things we need at as low as half of the usual price.
Well, for now it’s all folks. Update you soon.
Friday, December 24, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment