Tuesday, December 14, 2004

5 days, 14 hours and 50 minutes


Today is a sad day. Maybe the saddest of them all.

I have sent away my little dog. He boarded in a flight to Brazil, where he will find his new home. He will live with an aunt of my wife who has another puppy and a 14 years old kid. There’ll also be other children to play with him.

I’m sure that he’ll be better there than with me, but for the first time I had a glimpse of how huge step are we taking now. It’ll change our lives forever in proportions that I haven’t fully realized yet.

Man, I really feel sorry about giving up my dog. He’s so special and we know each other so well… We did have a great time together all those years.

I’m quite afraid of how will he interpret all this process as he will face a very long flight, will be in a new home with people he doesn’t know very well…

Well, I haven’t posted lately as I was very busy and didn’t have anything very exciting worthwhile posting. I haven’t been able to sell my car as the guy who would buy it found another one, so, I have the company’s Smart and my car on the garage. I’m mostly driving the Smart because even if it is awful to drive, it’s very economic and it will not hurt me if I save a few bucks.

After my company told me that I would be able to choose my own car, I have started looking for the new Audi A3 Sportback (
http://www.audi.co.uk/newcars/model.jsp?section=/models/a3/a3sportback) and the new BMW 1 series (http://www.bmw.co.uk/apm/new_bmw/mid/index/0,4504,1156_148729998__,00.html).

I was quite decided on the second car as it looks very odd and is very nice. It would also cost me less in taxes as it emits less CO2 than the Audi. When I spoke to my company, however, they told me that they have an agreement with the VW Audi Group and so they allow only Audis for their employees. The only way to get a BMW is buying it privately. :-(

The guy told me then to take an Audi A3 2.0 FSI Sport (very high-spec) that they already have there and use it for the first 6 months. Then I can better decide if I’ll opt out of the company car, buy my BMW and get a cash car allowance from them or stick with the company car but then go to the Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI. It all depends on how much will it cost me.

For the first six months, other than the A3 they gave me also the option of getting an A4 2.5 TDI SE, but it would cost me much more in taxes and it’s too big for now. The A3 is more suited to my age, my driving preferences and the cost I want to keep.

I’m following however a forum dedicated to the BMW 1 series, which can be found in
www.babybmw.net and people there who already have their Beemers are very happy. It’s very tempting and I would love to drive one of those. Well, I can’t say that when I saw the A3 Sportback I wasn’t impressed too… Both are wonderful cars. Poor me… The embarrassment of the choice… :-)

Well, my best friend is leaving Brazil today. He’s going to live in the USA, at Los Angeles… Poor him… What a bad place… He has been contracted by an IT company over there and passed the last 4 months waiting for his visa, but finally he got it and today he’s boarding on his flight, who will lead him to his big change. I’m only sorry because I really wanted him to come to the UK instead of USA, but I’ll surely organize a trip there soon to meet him. I whish him the best of luck.

Ah, for who doesn’t know, tomorrow is my birthday… I’ll be completing my 26th year… The gift, however, I’ll take only on the next year.

To finish, I’m only 6 days away from the UK… Next week at this time I’ll be in my new home at London. I can’t wait to get there, start my new, exciting and challenging job and get all things sorted out. I hope it will be all fine. However, as the time approaches, the excitement grows up and time goes faster. I’m almost there…


No comments: