Sunday, April 03, 2005

Hello there…

Here we come to the end of another week break. Last week was nice. It was the end of my third month in my company and also the end of the first bonus period of the year. We have a sort of performance bonus at the end of every quarter and I was glad to see that I made it for this one. Next month’s salary will come a little fatter due to that… J

Today was Grand Prix day. Well, anyone who knows me knows that I’m a Ferrari/Schumacher fan. After the two previous disastrous races, Ferrari finally decided to take out of the oven the new car and bring it to the hot Bahrein. The results were no points for Barrichello who finished 9th and no race finish to Schumacher due to a hydraulic failure, but one thing was certain: the new car is fast. It is very competitive, looks great on the track and I’m certain that they will solve the reliability problems. The circus is coming to Imola (Italy) and we’re certainly going to see Ferrari giving a hard time to Renault.

About Renault, well, they are showing that they’ve got it right this year. They deserve to win this championship and Alonso is proving to be a great driver. Today he was cool as ice on the race and did no mistakes. He has got what he needs to be in front.

Ah, I almost forgot. The Pope died this weekend. Well, I don’t care about the Pope dying as I’m not catholic and am not very sympathetic to the Catholic Church, but I really have problems with all this religious stuff they’re making us swallow on TVs, internet and etc. I still consider myself lucky as I live in a country where there aren’t too many catholic people, as I heard that in Italy every sports event for today was cancelled and the F1 Grand Prix wasn’t transmitted on the TV. In Brazil the President declared a 7 days national mourning. I think that they should take it a little easier in respect to non-catholic or non-religious people.

If you tell me about the Pope as being a respectful and loving man, I will say that he may well have been, but he was the major ruler of one of the most criminal and dangerous organizations in the history of mankind. The Church killed and robbed too many people in its history and as long as they don’t give what they have stolen from us back, use their unlimited resources to do real good to the World and become a lower profile organization, I won’t like they. The Vatican is one of the wealthiest states in the World, has its own currency, own mail, own guard and own laws. This is a demonstration of the political and financial power of the Church and in my view it is a direct result of all the bad things they did in the past.

I know I shouldn’t talk about that, but I’m confident that everyone reading this is intelligent enough to understand that these are my very personal ideas and I don’t judge any other way of thinking or want anyone to think like me.

Well, that’s all for today. I will be going to sleep now.

Byes.

No comments: