Tuesday, January 04, 2005

First working day it is.

Hi all…

Posting quickly before going to bed.

Two very busy days were these last two. Yesterday and today me and my wife went downtown to shop for some things we needed and take a look at the sales. We used also the occasion to buy a cool Simpsons version of the popular Monopoly game. Lots of fun.

We also eat Brazilian food. Very nice. There is a restaurant in the Oxford Street that sells what we call “Comida por quilo” in Brazilian Portuguese. It means food sold by weight. You pay 99p for each 100g of food you buy, so, depending on how much you eat you can pay very affordable prices.

They made the traditional “feijoada” that I suppose everyone knows. It’s black beans cooked with some pork pieces like ears, tail, feet and some sausages. It’s usually very fat and heavy, but very tasty. You eat that with white cooked rice.

I was also amazed by the cheap prices you can find for clothing and stuff in this sales period. It’s usual to find a lot of items at 50% off or buy one get one free, but you can even find items at prices reduced by 70%, even the designer items. My wife bought a GAP skirt by less than £15.

I rented yesterday “Shrek 2” and “I Robot”. Both of them are fun. They were not exactly as fun as I was expecting, but certainly entertaining and easy to watch.

Well, the day has come. The last of my most expected days for this season: Today I will be starting my new job. I feel a lot of anxiety and can’t wait to get my feet in my new company. I’m sure that there will be a certain period of integration and training and I won’t get hands on right from the beginning but I feel excited in the same way.

Also, tomorrow I’ll be getting my car. I will be posting pictures of it in the first opportunity I have. I have received my TomTom GO and tomorrow I will rely on it to come back home driving. I will also tell you how will be my first ride on a right side driven car.

Now I’ll be heading to bed as I have to get some sleep before awaking at 7:30 AM. I have to be in the office at 10:00 but the only train I can get from Waterloo to Egham departs at 8:50. As the train gets 40 minutes to arrive at the destination, I will arrive a bit early in the office, but I can stop at a Ferrari dealer (a huge one) behind the station and stay 20 minutes salivating on the glass staring those cars… :-D

Well guys, later on I’ll restart real life, so, you can expect for news.

Bye.

No comments: