Sunday, July 22, 2007

Transformers the Movie

Awesome, awesome, awesome…


Yesterday I went to see Transformers, the movie. Now, I grew up watching the cartoons and playing with the very small Transformers toys. I remember having a white Porsche 944 and a yellow VW Beetle that would transform and I really loved these toys, so when I saw that they were making a movie I got very excited. When we got closer to the movie release the excitement started to mix up with the concern that it could be a bad movie, but when I saw that the cinema close to my home was doing a pre-release of it a whole week before the official release in the UK I had to book the ticket and go see it.


Saying that this movie is cool is an understatement. This movie is fantastic in every aspect. The story is as good as it needs to be for this sort of picture film and the special effects are truly and genuinely breathtaking. The acting is very good as well, with only one irritating lady (the computer analyst) either trying to fake a British accent or trying to copy Keira Knightley, I didn’t get it, but it was bad.


I’m not a big fan of American cars, but that Chevrolet Camaro concept and the Pontiac Solstice that they use in the film are truly gorgeous and they knew how to shoot the car chases and the road scenes in a way that me (as a petrolhead) couldn’t stop grinning watching it. I couldn’t stop looking at that yellow Camaro and thinking when are they going to make it and how much is that going to cost! The Saleen Mustang in black alloys that they use as police car spinning the rear wheels under the might of its V8 engine was also amazing. I was like a kid really, truly enjoying it. One of the few films that I didn’t want to finish.


I never watch a film twice in the cinemas, but I think this one I will. I loved it. Awesome, awesome, awesome…

No comments: